Social Sign in :
Game Design Contest for Students
|Contest Deadline||September 30, 2013|
Interested in Game Design? Enter to Win $1000
Studica, the education source for software and technology products, welcomes you to participate in the 1st Annual Game Design Contest for Students!
Theme: Game design using the Unity platform
Challenge: Develop a web-based game utilizing Unity. You can create any type of game you wish.
Who May Enter:
Students enrolled in a school. This can be an individual or team effort. Teachers can also form teams for students, elect a team captain and manage the submission process.
Student must utilize Unity in the creation of their game.
- What is Unity 3 Pro? Learn More.
- Learn How to Create Amazing Games - Studica's Basic Unity Video Tutorials
- There is a free version available at http://unity3d.com/unity/download/.
- Students can also purchase the complete Unity Pro at http://www.studica.com/unity/unity-pro-3-student.html?ex_ref=news_STTK
- Exclusively and specially priced for secondary schools, the Unity Pro Game Academy can be purchased anywhere in the world at Studica.
- See below for Rules and Regulations and Prize information.
Opens February 17, 2012
Closes September 30, 2013
Grand Prize = $1,000 Teams would be responsible for splitting any winnings fairly
Video Games created with Unity
Rules & Requirements:
1. Students must utilize Unity in the creation of their game. (There is a free version available at http://unity3d.com/unity/download/. Students can also purchase the complete Unity Pro 3 version at http://www.studica.com/unity/unity-pro-3-student.html)
2. Your submission must be in a Unity Game format.
3. Only your original work will be accepted.
4. No limit on number of entries submitted.
5. All designs must be received by 11:59pm EST September 30th, 2013.
6. Entries must not infringe on any third parties intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights. Entries must be in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Do not include reference to third party trademarks, names or logos or any copyrighted works including music samples.
7. No offensive entries will be tolerated. This includes any sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent, abusive, threatening, racist, sexist, homophobic, vulgar, obscene, immoral, indecent, hateful, derogatory or profane content. Do not include in your submission use of illegal drugs or promotion of illegal activities. Stutalk, Studica and/or Unity reserves the right to disqualify any entry submission at their discretion for any reason.
8. You must be a student and be able to provide proof of your status.
9. In order for a winner to be named and prize awarded, there must be a minimum of 40 valid entries.
10. Void where prohibited.
11. Students under 18 years old may need guardians involved to collect winnings.
What is UPGA?
Unity Pro 3.x Game Academy Designed for secondary schools, UPGA is a 3D game development authoring tool designed to make creating amazing games easy and intuitive. It is the perfect add-on for animation programs. Develop for web, mobile and gaming consoles. Unity allows you to utilize digital models (assets) created in Autodesk 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage and other 3D content creation packages and animation systems.
Want to get UPGA at your school?
Share the educational applications with your teachers. View at http://www.studica.com/resources/24Unity%20Pro%20Game%20Academy%20Flyer%2012.12.11.pdf.
Unity Pro Game Academy can be purchased by secondary schools at academic discounts, learn more at http://www.studica.com/unity/unity-pro-game-academy.html?ex_ref=news_STTK